Life Extension Skin Restoring Phytoceramides Review
Life Extension’s Skin Restoring Phytoceramides with Lipowheat is a dietary supplement which is basically meant to provide a healthy looking skin. Removal or fading of scars is not really a claim made by the product but it is generally presumed that through regular dosage of this supplement, the skin’s health will be maintained which will automatically make it less susceptible to scarring through damage of skin tissue.
The basic functioning of this supplement revolves around nourishing the skin from within and restoring the balance of ceramides under the skin layer which protect it from damage, keep the moisture locked in and give the skin a healthy glow. Lipowheat, which is a proprietary blend of wheat germ oils, is a major ingredient of this supplement which not only moisturizes the skin from within but also slows down ageing.
The main ingredients used in the formula of this product by Life Extension are:
- Lipowheat – A proprietary blend of phytoceramides which moisturizes the skin from within, prevents it from ageing and keeps it supple.
- Rice Bran Oil – This plant extract is very commonly used in skin care regimes of women in Japan and other south-east Asian countries. It keeps the skin moisturized and gives it a smooth, velvety appearance.
- Vegetable Cellulose – Not very commonly used but is good for the overall health of the skin.
- Silica – A very popular ingredient in most products which aim to reduce scars. However, it is present in very small quantity in this supplement.
- Rosemary extract – Another plant extract which is very beneficial for healing minor burns and cuts and is quite popular for its anti-inflammatory properties.
The recommended dosage for this supplement is one capsule in a day to be taken along with meals. It is also advised that a healthcare professional be consulted before deciding on the dosage.
There are no common side effects of this supplement. However, if it is being taken by pregnant or lactating women, they may face some issues and it is better to consult with a physician before taking this supplement.
This dietary supplement is pretty mild and can easily be taken on a regular basis along with other medications. Long term results include a healthier and smoother looking skin. It may also have some effect on reducing scars.
One bottle containing 30 capsules cost $22.50 and will last a month according to the recommended dosage. However, Life Extension gives a discount to its permanent members for whom the bottle is available for $16.88 only. Further, a slight discount is also offered on bulk purchases of 4 bottles or more.
Life Extension offers 100% satisfaction guarantee which assures a buyer as to the quality of their product. Also, the company has a very liberal 12 months return policy though one would have to contact the company’s customer care to find out the exact details.
Conclusion Of Our Life Extension Skin Restoring Phytoceramides Review
Life Extension’s Skin Restoring Phytoceramides has received many positive reviews with users claiming that the product works on making the skin softer and keeping it moisturized from within. However, not much has been said regarding its effect on scars.