Celtrixa Stretch Mark Lotion Review
The skin is the largest organ of the body and is our best defense against pathogens. Open skin injuries produce scars after the healing process. It is our body’s natural healing process and how visible these scars become is dependent on a number of factors including, the nature of the injury, healing time, age and race.
Scars originate by the depositing a fibrous tissue called collagen to repair the broken skin. It’s much like our original skin, but laid out in a different pattern. Additionally, since this is new tissue, it takes on a different appearance than the original skin. There are many types of scars, which include:
• Keloid – An overgrowth of the tissue that heals the wound which causes a firm nodule at the side of the injury. These can be painful and unsightly.
• Hypertrophic – These scars are similar to keloids. There are raised and red-pigmented, but they do not protrude beyond the original injury site. They are very commonly caused by body piercings, pimples, cuts and burns.
• Atrophic – These occur when muscle and fat are lost due to an injury and the scar appears to be sunken. These scars generally originate from severe acne, or the removal of a cyst or tumor.
• Stretch Marks – This happens when the skin is overstretched and the dermal tissue actual tears. This is common with pregnancy, being overweight and from bodybuilding.
There are many treatments for scar removal including chemical peels, filler injections, dermabrasion, laser treatment, steroids, semi-occlusive and pressure dressings and radiotherapy. Some of these treatments can be very expensive and they may not be effective at all. Another treatment option that is becoming very popular are natural therapies. They are fast, easy and cost effective. Treatments like Celtrixa Stretch Mark Lotion are designed to reduce swelling, redness and pain that come from scarring.
Scar treatments range in ingredients from all natural and herbal treatments to homeopathic treatments to synthetic treatments. There are many available choices on the market. This product contains the following ingredients:
• Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride
• C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate
• Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii) Extract
• Cetearyl Alcohol
• Glyceryl Stearate
• PEG-100 Stearate
• Octadecenedioic Acid
• Cetyl Alcohol
• Stearic Acid
• Stearyl Alcohol
• Sodium Hyaluronate
• Horehound (Marrubium Vulgare) Extract
• Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5
• Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)
• Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A)
• Hydrolyzed Collagen
• Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer
• Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Extract
• Green Tea (Camellia Sinensis) Extract
• Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Extract
• Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilis) Extract
• Algae Extract
• Bearberry (Arctostaphylos Uva-Ursi) Extract
• Coneflower (Echinacea Angustifolia) Extract
• Licorice (Glycyrrhiza Glabra) Extract
• Tetrasodium EDTA
• Caprylyl Glycol
• Sorbic Acid
The manufacturer recommends that you gently massage this product into the skin until thoroughly absorbed. For maximum benefits, use 2-3 times daily.
No side effects could be identified for this product. As always, with any scar treatment, contact your doctor before use.
Internet pricing may vary from website to website. At the time of writing this review this product was found at a price of $70.00 for a 3 oz bottle.
Many people want a guarantee as an assurance that if they don’t get the results that they are looking for, they will not be punished. Depending on where you buy this product, individual websites may off their own money-back guarantees.
The manufacturer provides a 30-day money-back guarantee for this product.
There are a lot of great scar treatment products on the market, including Celtrixa Stretch Mark Lotion. However, considering the extremely long list of ingredients in this product and its price, a consumer may feel weary of making this purchase.